How to download Microsoft Teams video messages
With Microsoft Teams, it’s possible to record and send short video messages in chats, if you are not yet familiar with this feature you can have a look to the article I wrote about it here.
While this feature is awesome, unfortunately it does not provide an interface to download the video file locally to your computer. If you want to download video messages, look no further, in this article I’m explaining a workaround to do that.
- Start by opening Microsoft Teams in the browser
- Navigate to the chat where the video message is located
- Click Play to start reproducing the video you want to download
- Press F12 to open the browser developer tools
- Click in the Network tab
- Locate the network event with the name 0 and click on it
- Under Headers copy the Request URL value
- Replace the /dash_video_original/videoSegment/0 by /video
- Open the new URL you just modified in the browser to download the video
No comments yet