How to get Microsoft Teams tenant ID
Your Microsoft Teams tenant ID is a unique identifier that is different than the organization domain where you are connected.
You can use two different methods to get this identifier, one using Teams graphic user interface and the other one using Teams PowerShell.
Get Tenant ID using GUI
- Open one of the Teams where you belong inside the Teams Application
- Click on the … next to the Team title
- Click on Get link to team
- Copy the link to the team and grab the tenant ID form the URL
Get Tenant ID using PowerShell
In order to follow this process, you need to install Teams PowerShell, it’s available here.
- Open the PowerShell window
- Execute the command Connect-MicrosoftTeams
- Provide your login credentials
- Copy the tenant ID from the console
The first method is extremely handy if you just want to get the tenant ID, on the other-hand if you need to get it dynamically during an automation process you will need to use Teams PowerShell.